I am always fascinated by artist's process, so I try to be open about mine as well. Here is my process for one of the Rusted Souls painting: "At the Epoch of Eras: A Utopian Marketplace" Some elements changed as the painting progressed, but the general silhouette, composition, and color ideations stayed relatively the same. I also experimented with paint handling and color palette. I usually start with a rough thumbnail in pencil/pen. Then work out the values and rough colors either traditionally or digitally. The finished painting is done with acrylic.

If you missed the show, you can still check out the show in person at 1AM SF (1000 Howard Street) until May 4th, or check out some of the artwork online, here. (but the colors and exposure doesn't do the actual pieces justice as seeing it live in person).