The World of Tomorrow

IP: "Untitled: The World of Tomorrow" I wanted to focus on the exterior architecture and the anatomy of animals. Having worked on digital paintings in the past month, I gravely missed my watercolor and gouache, and getting my hands dirty. So I grabbed a palette, squeezed out some cobalt watercolor paint and grabbed a random cup and laid down some basic monochromatic values. Now I'm going to go back and layer more darks to get a wider range, then glaze some color after.


"Mission Failure" - I started laying in some values and possible color for this piece. I have always been inspired by Batman, the Animated Series and its gothic architecture in the darker renditions. I am currently reading "Androids Dream . . . ", so these last two pieces were heavily influenced by slogans of "a new colony" and "the world of tomorrow."